Friday, November 5, 2010

Hendry Co. Motorsports Park

In my running around today, I came across the Hendry Co. Motorsports Park. It seems like a good venue, although it wasn't open so I couldn't see the track. What I did see at the entrance however, was a sight that made me laugh. A littlebackground...my Uncle Ralph lives in the Atlanta area and was giving me directions one day. He said "turn left at the big chicken" and go such & such. My kids were tickled at the image of a big chicken strutting around but we eventually saw that it was a large three dimensional chicken that sat on top of a building.  Hendry Co. has its own version I guess, except that it's a big rooster.  So, if you're ever in Clewiston and see a big rooster perched on a pole, turn left.  It'll get you to the Motorsports Park everytime. 
My Spanish is somewhat like Ricky Ricardo's English but I'm assuming the animal sale is a half mile from the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment