Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Big Water, Big Water

It was my first time on Lake Okeechobee (the Lake, the Big O) today, and what a massive body of water it is! It covers 730 square miles (half the size of Rhode Island) and is the 2nd largest freshwater lake in the US! It touches on 5 counties in Florida, Hendry being one of them.  Large mouth bass, crappie and bluegill are the predominant fish in the lake (I saw the deckboy catch a bass right at the push off point).  There were many birds and gators along the edges of the river and the rim canal and seeing the fowl in flight was awesome.

The plant life, birds, fish and weather are all part of God's eco-system that keeps the lake's environment a wonder to behold.  Now all I gotta do it bait a hook and get my "Roland Martin" on.


Big water, big water...I'm coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment